Great testimonial! I’ll be keeping this in mind when I’m ready to publish.
There are plenty of traditional routes towards getting published, and when I started shopping out my manuscript for The Order of the Key, Book 1 of my series, Keys and Guardians, I systematically went through all of them.
- Cold query agents? Check!
- Spend hundreds on an informative Writer’s Conference with the added benefit of pitching to various agents? Check (thanks to my day job’s Christmas bonus)!
- Chatted with an agent I met? Check (Lesson: I’m awkward. My husband is MORE awkward.)!
- Ask published writer buddy to hook a sister up? Check!
- Cold submit directly to small presses? Checkity-check!
I was hitting brick walls left and right. Even when I got a step closer, pitches leading to partial manuscripts ended up leading to zilch. I wasn’t at it for very long, but I’ll admit that I was beginning to get discouraged. I’m an efficient organizer, which means that in six…
View original post 552 more words